Wednesday, February 22, 2012

To prime or not to prime....

Primer... hmmm.  I've always been skeptical about face primers.  Do we really need them?  Do they really do what they say they do?  Over the years I've randomly tried different primers underneath my foundation.  Smashbox primer, Makeup Forever, Givenchy Mister Mat.. the list goes on.  I HATED all of them.  They left my face feeling slippery and feeling yucky.  I pretty much gave up with the whole must "prime" before foundation theory.  A face primer is used to even out the skin texture.  It acts as a barrier between the skin and the foundation.  It gives the makeup something to grab onto.  It is supposed to have mattifying properties to take away shine and reduce pore size.  Since I hadn't found a primer I liked or that did what it was supposed to do I gave up on implementing it into my makeup routine.  I felt that as long as I moisturized before I was good.  That is until I came across this lil gem! 
 It's the mineral veil face primer by Hourglass Cosmetics. 


I was shopping at Sephora and like always, I like to play with products that I've never seen or used. I noticed the mineral veil and intriguingly put some on the back of my hand and instantly fell in love!!  It left the most even, satiny finish, almost like I had foundation on.   I find that after I apply the primer I usually only need a brush of powder and blush and I'm on my way!  It has made my makeup stay on all day and leaves my skin looking flawless!  
  

* SPF 15 (PLUS PLUS PLUS!!!!)
* Minimizes shine
* Minimizes appearance of pores and fine lines
* Preps skin for makeup application while extending It's durability
* FREE of parabens, oils, fragrances, gluten, sulfate. 
* Water resistant 


I hope this helps those of you who have searched far and wide for a decent primer and for those who have given up on finding one.  If you have a primer you LOVE please leave comments below.  I would love to hear about the ones you've tried, loved, and hated.  
Stay tuned for more of my new finds!!
Love you my makeupnistas!!  

Check out my website www.ashleyanselmo.com & my Facebook page Makeup by Ashley Anselmo

No comments:

Post a Comment