Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Solid Foundation..

This blog is all about foundation.. First and foremost ALWAYS moisturize before any makeup application.  It will hydrate your skin and prep it for the makeup.  A great inexpensive moisturizer is CeraVe'(around $11) that can be found at any drugstore.   First your going to want to conceal any imperfections such as blemishes, discoloration, under the eyes, etc.. A concealer that i have been LOVING lately is by Sephora brand 
this little double ended ninja is fantastic!! I love the formula, it glides on and doesn't look cakey like some concealers tend to do.  You can literally swipe it on right from the tube so no need for a brush unless you want to.  A good concealer brush is the M.A.C 195 concealer brush($22.50)  
I just can't say enough about this concealer and it's $15 so it won't break the bank!!  After you've concealed everything you want to begin your foundation.  I know lots of us have spent TONS of $$$ on looking and searching for the PERFECT foundation.  Everybody has different skin types and conditions so it is important to choose a foundation that is for your specific skin (oil free, hypo allergenic, moisturizing, etc).   I tend to have pretty normal skin.  Of course my T-zone gets a little shiny at the end of the day but for the most part i tend to look for formulas that are semi full coverage and oil free.  I have a couple that i want to talk about that i absolutely love.  The one that i use on myself everyday and on most of my clients is Makeup Forever HD Invisible coverage. 
You just can't go wrong with this product.  It leaves a flawless coverage and it's not thick and heavy.  It comes in 25 shades so finding your PERFECT match is a breeze!  It is a bit pricey at $40 but it will last you at least 4-6 months depending on how often you wear makeup.  As far as application goes it completely depends on you and what you prefer.  I always switch it up.  Sometimes i use my finger tips because i like to warm up the product and apply it just like that.  I also use various brushes depending on what kind of coverage i want.  I love using my M.A.C. 190 foundation brush ($32) for a nice even coverage.  I also just started using my M.A.C 187 ($42) and REALLY love the way my foundation looks after I'm done.  It is a stippling application.  Stippling means applying product in a dotting fashion until complete coverage is achieved.  I do not blend or buff the product, just stipple it on to get an even coverage.  Here's what it will look like:




Another foundation that is on the opposite price range but an equally great product is Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser treatment($12.99).  

I'm always on the look out for products that are less expensive because hey, we're in a recession right?!  So, I decided to try this after reading some reviews about it, and I'm so glad i did!  I was super impressed with the way it covered and i liked the way the product felt.  It doesn't have a "full" coverage like the Makeup Forever does.  This product is more sheer so it's great for on the go makeup or if you just want a light coverage.  I was a little nervous about the sponge tip applicator but after researching it, I learned it has a built-in anti-microbial system which means you never need to wash the sponge applicator as you would a makeup sponge. In fact, you should only wipe the sponge tip with a dry tissue as needed.  Plus, your applying it to cleansed skin.  It also has an SPF 18 which is SUPER important.  I always try to get my foundation or powders with SPF in it so i don't have to apply a sticky zincy smelling product to the regimen.
So, these are just of few of my fav's lately!  I hope you enjoyed!  Please feel free to let me know some of your favorites and look forward to seeing y'all next time!!   

XOXO, Ash


No comments:

Post a Comment