Wednesday, January 25, 2012

MASCARA, MASCARA, OH MASCARA!

OK... I got too excited and decided that i needed to do a quick blog on my favorite mascara's.  Every girl i know if asked what would be the one product they couldn't live without would say MASCARA!!  And Lord knows I've tried EVERY SINGLE brand.  So here are my favorites over the years and hopefully you'll find a new one you like.  So my ULTIMATE, hands down, most favorite mascara is Voluminous by Loreal in Blackest Black.  I have yet to find a mascara that comes close to this one.  They do make a waterproof product but i only use that for brides and any occasion where there may be water works!!
Another Loreal voluminous mascara that i adore is the Loreal Double Extend mascara.  Small fibers in the primer prep lashes for the mascara. Combined, the dynamic duo seem to make my lashes look much longer than usual.  You can find both of these mascaras at the local drugstore or Walmart/Target for around $9-11.  



i have recently come across a new mascara i found at Sephora,(go figure,i live there)... It's called LORAC Multiplex 3D Lashes Volumizing & Thickening Mascara.
This mascara instantly delivers up to three times the volume of your natural lashes for a dramatic lash look while silk and keratin nourish and condition. Its professional curved brush easily grabs, lifts, and curls for maximum coverage and length.
Although this one is a little pricier at $22 and can be found at Sephora, to me it's totally worth it and it last A LONG TIME!  It doesn't dry out fast like most mascaras. I love LOVE this mascara!! 



and last but not least is a mascara that NO ONE would ever guess how amazing it is because of the label... NYC City Curls Mascara.  I bought this one day on my way to work after I discovered I left my Loreal mascara at home. Pleasantly surprised. This got the job done, it gave me curly thick lashes and was only around 2.50 at Walmart.

So i hope this helps.  You can spend a substantial amount of money on a mascara if it makes you think it may be better than others but don't be afraid to try different brands that are less expensive.  You will be surprised at how you can't tell the difference between the pricey ones and the least expensive;)  And here's a tip that i was not aware of that i want to share with you all... you know when you go into a drug store and see all the pretty makeup by you can never try on any of the products.. IT IRRITATES me to no end.  So i bought a couple products, went home, tried them, and hated them... i marched right back into Walgreens and politely asked if i could return the items, that they weren't what i wanted once i got home and tried them on.  They were super sweet and fully refunded me.  So don't be afraid to buy a drug store product, take it home and try it and if you don't like it, take it back... or else you'll end up with makeup drawers full of products you didn't like and didn't know you could return!!  

XOXO, ASH :)

No comments:

Post a Comment